VOLUNTEER FRIENDLY AWARD
We are delighted to announce that Save by the Bell has now renewed its Volunteer Friendly Award until January 2020 and has been a part of Volunteer Friendly award since September 2013. We have achieved this accolade for the way we involve and manage volunteers in our work following the five strands of the Volunteer Friendly Award standards.
We have around 20 volunteers currently involved in this project helping us run the school collections in Primary schools throughout Dundee. Save by the Bell provides a fantastic opportunity to all those who wish to gain experience working with children within the school setting. We try to accommodate and customise volunteering needs according to individual development requirements.
This award is a culmination of joint effort of all the Save by the Bell staff members and volunteers involved in this project. Volunteer Friendly Award is a reflection of our commitment to offer our volunteers the opportunity for personal development, ongoing support and training, fair working environment, flexibility and effective management of volunteers. We recognise and celebrate the invaluable contribution our volunteers make to our organisation. Overall this shows our commitment as an organisation to involving volunteers in a satisfying and rewarding role.
- Do you have up to 1 hour a week to spare?
- Interested in volunteering in your local schools?
- Are you thinking of a career in teaching, childcare, social work or any work involving children?
If the answer to any of the above is yes, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
All we ask from you is up to 1 hour of your time per week volunteering in local schools within Dundee. As a volunteer, you would be expected to work within a particular school and supervise P6/P7 pupils in their role as tellers during the weekly school money collection. This involves helping them with simple mathematical additions, to monitor accuracy and cash handling.
Full training and support will be provided by the school development workers.
VOLUNTEERING WITH SAVE BY THE BELL, YOU CAN EXPECT:
- To be valued and appreciated.
- Full training and support until you are ready to work unsupervised.
- PVG membership will be arranged by Save by the Bell to work in the schools for all volunteers.
- To be part of a project that is committed to teaching school children the value of savings and money management skills.
- To be part of Saltire Award Scheme if you are aged between 12 and 25 years old.